We know that economy is important to most self-publishers, and can offer basic services for a reasonable fee; typographic and artistic enhancements can be added as your project and budget require.
To get started, please fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Basic Design Service @ $400 includes:
- Creation of book format and size, and selection of typeface
- Cover design
- Page layout and design
- Design of front-matter (title page, table of contents, chapter openings, etc.)
Requirements from customer: Content as Microsoft Word Document
Copy-editing Service @ $30/hr:
We can provide you with an estimate based on the length and complexity of your project. For a firm quote, please email a Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to create an index or indices if desired.
Enhanced Design Service: Add-on Options
Production Services: Options
- Included in the cost of the Basic Design Service above, we will supply you with press-ready PDFs that you can submit to your POD (print-on-demand) publishing service. The finished book will be perfect-bound (in other words, with a glued binding).
- If you prefer, we can obtain comparative quotes for you from various POD publishers and submit the files to the selected publisher. A small fee applies.
- Alternatively, small projects may be printed and stapled at a local print-shop (this is called saddle wire finish and is the most economical option for a small job). We would provide the files.
- Offset printing: We have worked for many years with high-quality offset printers, and can arrange for quotes and submit the files to the selected printer. This more expensive option allows for the possibility of hard-cover and Smyth-sewn (bound) finished products. We will (in consultation with the customer) select the binding cloth and design the stamping for the binding.
- Finally, for a special project, we can coordinate the printing of your book via letterpress, the most traditional and elegant option. The finished product may be hand- or machine-sewn, and paper- or cloth-bound.